Business relationship managers are in an awesome position to maximize organizational value. This opens huge opportunities.
There is just one problem. Leaders aren’t trained to maximize value. Step outside the lines. Take action now. Be the value leader in your organization.
This audio course gives you the techniques to maximize organizational value. Learn from a Master of Business Relationship Management (MBRM®)! Compliment this course with professional coaching. Take your BRM role to the next level!
Want to be notified when this course is live? Sign up here for early notification!
Audio course outline
Module 1: The boundaries of Value: Sneaker edition
- Lesson 1: Why leaders never ask for value?
- Lesson 2: Common misinformation about the value
- Lesson 3: How status reports disrupt value?
- Lesson 4: The definition of value
- Lesson 5: Where value is found?
- Lesson 6: What value is not?
- Lesson 7: The power of Value realization
Module 2: Who owns the role of surfacing value
- Lesson 1: Value ownership in a waterfall world
- Lesson 2: Holding onto value in agile times
- Lesson 3: Why role confusion blurs value lines?
- Lesson 4: Putting an end to value leakage
- Lesson 5: How PMOs and VMOs tilt value perspectives?
- Lesson 6: The BRMs role in value maximization
Module 3: Questions to ask to maximize value
- Lesson 1: Who is asking the questions?
- Lesson 2: What is the best timing to probe for value?
- Lesson 3: How to extract answers from a rock?
- Lesson 4: When to find a new alternative
- Lesson 5: How to extract the key-value data?
- Lesson 6: 10 questions to ensure you’re discovering the value
Module 4: Reporting and the impact on the value
- Lesson 1: Why the ok’d reports don’t work
- Lesson 2: I report to the CIO now what?
- Lesson 3: What does a CFO want to hear?
- Lesson 4: How organizational alignment shifts value?
- Lesson 5: How to capture value for individual contributors can team leads?
- Lesson 6: What information should be reported up?
Module 5: Tradition value and its utility
- Lesson 1: Finding hard value
- Lesson 2: Getting to soft value
- Lesson 3: Carving up a value canvas
- Lesson 4: Getting real with Value assumptions
- Lesson 5: You’re only good as you’re worst price of data
- Lesson 6: Shifting from traditional to non-traditional measures
Module 6: What to do about the haters?
- Lesson 1: Why not everyone will be thrilled with your Value journey
- Lesson 2: How to find the weeds and keep value pure
- Lesson 3: 10 common areas of resistance
- Lesson 4: Navigating the hostels and balancing the politics
- Lesson 5: Identifying conflicting organizations
- Lesson 6: Leveraging your champions to mute the noise
Module 7: Harnessing the value of one (N of 1)
- Lesson 1: Defining the problem
- Lesson 2: What good looks like
- Lesson 3: How to include metrics (BRM list)
- Lesson 4: Examples of measuring value
- Lesson 5: Scaling the value of one
- Lesson 6: Setting the stage for a value model
Module 8: Exploring the detailed value examples
- Lesson 1: Choosing an opportunity
- Lesson 2: Identifying a topology and pattern
- Lesson 3: Setting up your mental spreadsheet
- Lesson 4: How to pressure test your model
- Lesson 5: Moving from details to clear facts
- Lesson 6: Building a fact-based approach to value generation
Module 9: Launching a Value meter
- Lesson 1: What is the purpose of a value meter
- Lesson 2: Where does the value meter live
- Lesson 3: What technology works to stand up the value meter
- Lesson 4: What controls are required on the value meter
- Lesson 5: How does the team engage
- Lesson 6: How to roll up value to leadership
Module 10: How to anticipate the value
- Lesson 1: How to be powerful when you don’t know what you’re looking for?
- Lesson 2: Why others can’t see the value until it’s realized
- Lesson 3: How to unlock value
- Lesson 4: Starting with the discovery
- Lesson 5: Why you always start with the people
- Lesson 6: Identifying people that see
Module 11: Generating a community for the win
- Lesson 1: How to inspire passion
- Lesson 2: What identifying the right community matters
- Lesson 3: How to choose your alignment decisions
- Lesson 4: Finding a champion
- Lesson 5: Setting the stage for the win
- Lesson 6: Building a platform to abate the team
Module 12: Pulling on strings of value
- Lesson 1: Finding your communication cadence
- Lesson 2: How to work the process
- Lesson 3: Leveraging insights from data
- Lesson 4: How to extract gold nuggets that have an impact
- Lesson 5: How to turn the page on yesterday’s ways
- Lesson 6: Why today is your first day!
The course is for you if…
The course is not for you if…
What included in the course?
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone leader looking for a shortcut to maximizing value in their organization.
Are you sick of theoretical “value” training that promises big but doesn’t deliver? Are you tired of academic models that look cool, but even after training you ask yourself, “how exactly does this work in practice?”
I knew there was a better way. I designed this audio course to be easily digestible for leaders working in business relationship management roles.
This course is designed by BRMs for BRMs! I have put these techniques and tips into practice.
If you answer YES to any of these questions, I’d consider signing up.
- Do you want a real practice approach to maximizing organizational value?
- Is value loosely defined in your company?
- Are you interested in understanding how to implement a value management plan?
- Have you asked questions about how to capture and articulate value?
- Do you understand the basics of value but are unclear on how to make it real in your organization?
What is the benefit of maximizing value?
Putting a finger on value is difficult. Yet, you know it when you see it. Your boss does too. This course will enable you to identify value faster. After this course, you’ll be able to capture and articulate value. in terms that leaders understand.
You observe a car with 3 tires and one missing. What’s the value of the 4th tire? We all know you’re not going far on 3 tires. Therefore that 4th tire is important. Is there any question about the value of that 4th tire? Nope.
Yet, in business, value seems to be mystical, like a fog over a castle. We feel its presence but can’t really nail it down. I designed this course to offer practical tips to make communicating and articulating business value seamless.
Why are you credible? Who are you?
I’m a highly respected executive, BRM, and passionate evangelist for the BRM community. As a BRMP®, CBRM®, MBRM®, I am a change champion and fully embrace the role, capability, discipline, and philosophy of the BRM Institute to achieve powerful results.
I also was the first globally credentialed, Master of Business Relationship Management (MBRM®) by the BRM Institute. I also hold certificates of experience in the following areas:
- Change Management and Transformational Change
- Organizational Transformation and Scalability
- Project Management and Portfolio Management
- Strategy and Strategic Resource Management
I am also a 4x author, MIT Sloan and Yale School of Management speaker, and avid blogger with hundreds of articles on innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and blockchain.
What will I learn in this course?
This course is the practical extension of my book, Leading with Value: How to Effectively Communicate Business Value.
This course is a practical discussion on how to maximize value in your organization.
I’ve had the great pleasure of mentoring and coach 1000’s of amazing business leaders. I learned that regardless of title, industry, or company maturity, they all had one aspect in common—the concept of business value was mysterious.
It was difficult to articulate. And therefore it was challenging to teach to a team or build a framework for a department.
This course gives you that information. It will empower you. You’ll be amazed at how your understanding and lens of what value is and how it’s applied expands through our discussions.
Makes sense. This must be expensive right?
No. It’s $297.
Why don’t you just charge $599 or $1,407 or $1,950? Why so low?
With your experience, shouldn’t you charge more? It’s clear a ton of work went into this course.
Maybe it should be more. After all, I’m not a pricing expert. I do know that I would have paid a lot more to understand these concepts years earlier.
However, my intent is to offer a product that professionals feel is an awesome deal. I could have chopped this course up into dozens of smaller courses. The thing is I don’t feel you’d get the same benefits if I had done that.
I’m proud of this course and the content I have shared. I’m confident you’ll find it as rewarding to comprehend and apply as I did to create!
How was this course developed?
This is a simple course with solid information.
Q: How can you offer this course for this price? A. I didn’t waste money creating it.
It wasn’t recorded in a fancy soundproof studio. I didn’t purchase $10,000 mixers for blending sounds. I didn’t have an army of professional audiophiles review the tracks. I didn’t perform 100 takes of each recording to create a 100% perfect track.
Here’s what I did do.
I did use a high-quality boom mic to record the tracks. I did clean the audio with a cool AI program. I also optimized the audio noise balance. I recorded in the early mornings 4-5 am to ensure minimal noise interference. I also did my best to make it feel like a conversation or listening to a friend share advice.
Guess what? I’m not the most social creature ever created. I made some minor mistakes in the recording and I just keep rolling. I’m comfortable owning that. It’s what I consider authentic leadership.
I developed this course using my best content.
I created the course that I would want to take. I created the course I wish existed to fast-track my success as a BRM.
What outcomes can I expect?
You’ll understand how to operate as a BRM focused on value realization.
Think about all the skills you learned in college. Then ponder for a minute all the skills that you never learned in college but rather only learned on the job. Ironically the skills not learned in college were essential to your success.
This is what you’ll learn in this course.
You’ll learn how value management is truly applied in the real world. You already know how to develop relationships. You’re familiar with organizational structures and where the BRM role fits. But do you know how to start?
You’ve been assigned a value management initiative. Maybe you were assigned to lead a team to improve a process, build that new capability, or design a new operating model. Where do you begin? This course will teach you where to start and more.
Take ownership of value initiatives with confidence. Share your experience with your team. Lead from the front!
Okay. How do I start?
Add the product to your cart, and check out. You’ll immediately be able to down the content!
Join me, and let’s start clarifying your role in the organization!
Have a great day!
Peter Nichol, Data Science CIO