The Bronze – Florida Concealed Carry Permit Requirement Class course, offered by Safety and Force Instruction, meets the minimal educational requirements to apply for the Florida Concealed Weapon License.
This is a 3.5-hour safe gun handling course conducted in the classroom only, with an additional 30 minutes shoot component that must be scheduled to receive the course completion certificate. After this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate basic firearm safety
- Describe the fundamentals of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of marksmanship
- Load, unload, and make a firearm safe
- Understand the benefit of various carry techniques
- Describe types of ammunition and their uses
- Explain the impact of firearms laws and Florida state statutes 493, 775, 776, 790
- Know the steps necessary to apply for your concealed firearms weapons license in the state of Florida
Students will not receive a course completion certificate until the range time requirement is satisfactorily completed.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in meeting the bare minimum Florida requirements to satisfy the training requirements to apply for a Florida concealed weapons license, allowing individuals to carry a firearm on their person concealed.
You acknowledge the following when signing up for this minimalist course:
- I am aware that this course is not enough to feel confident carrying a concealed firearm.
- I understand that use of force laws are not covered adequately in this course.
- I have prior firearms experience (military, hunting, etc.) or I self-certify that I am comfortable using a firearm safely
Course materials and prerequisites
There is only one prerequisite for this course. Each student must bring a copy of their criminal history, validating they are not a convicted criminal. This report can be obtained (click here) at zero cost. If a student shows up for a class without this for any reason, they will forfeit their course tuition and be ineligible to attend the present course.
No refunds. All sales are final.
While some shooting experience is always welcomed, zero shooting experience is where this course starts.
This course is 3.5 hours of classroom-style instruction and then 30 minutes at range time.
What’s covered at the range?
The goal of range time is to get you comfortable firing a firearm. Firearms are tools like any other. However, when used correctly, act as an extension of yourself. This personalized training is designed to do just that–dial in on your natural skills.
- Sight alignment
- Trigger control
What equipment is provided?
The student is not required to bring any equipment. However, the following equipment will be provided during the course.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection, specifically electronic sound amplification shooting protection
Successful completion of our course will satisfy Florida requirements (FS 790.06) necessary to apply for your Florida CCW permit. Upon completion of the classroom and live fire exercises, all students will receive a certificate of completion.
What equipment is required for students to bring?
- Closed-toed shoes
- Water non-alcoholic beverage
- Pen and notebook
- Lunch (as desired)
Credentials of instructor
The instructor has been using firearms for more than 25 years and has been a certified instructor for 18 years!
He has trained with experts in combat-ready techniques, including:
- Defensive Firearm Tactics (tactical vs. situational awareness)
- Krav Maga (hand-to-hand combat developed originally for the Israeli Special Forces – lethal practical techniques)
- Modern Arnis (Philippine knife fighting) – everyday street/situational survival skills,
- Military L.I.N.E techniques (used in military boot camps for all new recruits)
- Lethal/non-lethal self-protection techniques
- Several other combat/street-ready techniques
The instructor also holds the following active credentials
- NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- MA State Police Certified Firearms Instructor (former)
- IDPA Safety Officer
Who’s ineligible to attend this course?
If you fall into any of the following conditions, you will not be eligible to take this course.
- The physical inability to handle a firearm safely.
- A felony conviction (unless civil and firearm rights have been restored by the convicting authority).
- Having adjudication withheld or sentence suspended on a felony or misdemeanor crime of violence unless three years have elapsed since probation or other conditions set by the court have been fulfilled.
- A conviction for a misdemeanor crime of violence in the last three years.
- A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws or multiple arrests for such offenses.
- A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years.
- Being committed to a mental institution or adjudged incompetent or mentally defective.
- Failing to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
- Having been issued a domestic violence injunction or an injunction against repeat violence that is currently in force.
- Renouncement of U.S. citizenship.
- A dishonorable discharge from the armed forces.
- Being a fugitive from justice.
Terms and Conditions
No refunds. All sales are final. No exceptions. This includes no rescheduling once course dates are set. Full payment is required prior to the course. No cancellation or substitute. No refund for a no-show.
Does this count as a required course for Florida concealed weapons permit application?
Yes, this course meets the minimal training requirements for the State of Florida to apply for Florida concealed weapons license.
How important is safety in this class?
At any time, if a student is unsafe, the course will end immediately for that student. There are no refunds for unsafe acts. It’s a one-strike policy.
If a student acts, jokes, or shows signs of being unsafe for any reason, the course will stop, and they will be immediately removed from class. No exceptions.
Examples of disqualification:
- Implying if someone insulted you, you’d shoot them
- Point a firearm (model or real) at anyone for any reason
- Speaking in a way that symbolizes an unsafe firearm owner
- Any action that is deemed unsafe or unwise by the instructor
There is a zero-tolerance policy for unsafe acts with simulation firearms or real firearms.
Are there general classroom rules?
NO firearms in class. NO live ammo in class.
What is the typical class size?
The average class size is 10-15 students.
What do I get from this course, bottom line?
You will meet the training requirements to apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit.